Which DWJ character are you?

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Tue Aug 30 16:45:56 EDT 2005

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Kyla Tornheim wrote:

> It kept making me be Grundo. I don't want to be Grundo, although maybe I
> should read The Merlin Conspiracy again. But then I was literal and honest
> and said that I don't do magic at all, and then I was Catriona, which is
> better.
Wait, you keep getting Grundo?  I keep getting Grundo!  Oy, we don't
just have nearly the same name and went to the same school, we also
have the same DWJ-character-quiz problem.  Only, the funny thing is, I've
never got Catriona.  So I went back to the quiz to try to get Catriona,
and decided I ought to start by just answering truthfully and therefore
getting Grundo, like I normally do.  And I ended up getting a tie between
Grundo and Mig!  That's never happened before - I wonder how my
self-perception has changed.  It's funny, because I think I kind of
expected to get Mig when I took the quiz the first time.  I certainly
feel a more obvious kinship with her than I do with Grundo.  But, yes, if
I am literal and boring, I too get Catriona.

> Also, a science fiction discussion list I'm on is just now discussing
> Lives of Christopher Chant, and I am on tenterhooks, TENTERHOOKS I tell
> you, worrying that someone(s) is going to be all "oh, no, I hated this
> book," and I will be too biased to be rational.
Oh, yes, me too [ed: same list]!

						---Kyra

---
"He knew humans kept most of their knowledge in books - they were generous
like that. . . ."
				---Diana Wynne Jones, _Dogsbody_