The Hallowed Hunt

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sun Aug 28 10:08:08 EDT 2005

I seem to recall a small discussion of Lois McMaster Bujold's latest
book a while back.

I have just read it and enjoyed it enormously; DWJ has just read it and
didn't enjoy it as much as the previous two LMB fantasies.

Among DWJ's reasons for this was that

the scene near the end in which a drop of blood from Our Hero is needed
by each of hundreds of semi-dead for their banishment made her exclaim
aloud:  "Oh, no, Lois!  Let me guess: you've just been doing a signing
tour."

I have a feeling this tells one quite a lot about how DWJ behaves when
signing books.  I think she gives a little bit of herself with every
signature.

Minnow