Next DWJ book?

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Aug 23 17:13:38 EDT 2005

I think the Chrestomanci universe books get lumped as a "series"
because DWJ writes stories that take place in all sorts of different
worlds with different sets of magical rules and organization.   While
there is similarity between the Chrestomanci worlds and the Deep Secret
worlds (for example), they certainly appear to be entirely separate
creations.  If all DWJs books took place in the Chrestomanci worlds, it
would be clear that they were not a series, because they wouldn't be so
obviously grouped by a common trait.  They only gain a common trait due
to DWJ's vast imagination which spawns many other non-Chrestomanci-world
settings.

Allison