fire and hemlock people

hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Sat Aug 20 03:06:41 EDT 2005

I too like both *Fire and Hemlock* and *Archer's Goon* a lot - and find it interesting that two such different books were written so close to each other. What do non-F&H people dislike? I can only guess. Perhaps it's something to do with the way that DWJ maintains our uncertainty about how far the events are magical, for so long: I love that myself, but I can see how others of a different temperament (or expecting a different kind of book) might find it irritating. Maybe it's to do with the length of time covered in the book - it might feel a little too leisurely compared with the fast, almost chaotic, pace of AG.

Charlie