mythopoeic award

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Aug 17 16:06:15 EDT 2005

Deborah:

>Thanks, Charlie and Hallie.  I hope the conference was fun anyway,
>Charlie, even if they clearly don't recognize DWJ-people's brilliance.
>*g*  As opposed to Worldcon, where Farah Mendelsson (who wrote the
>upcoming DWJ crit book) won a Hugo (for something completely
>different).

Not only was DWJ-people's brilliance recognised at Worldcon, but also
her name was constantly being mentioned.  And not just while hanging
around with (or in the audience listening to) the obvious suspects
either!    I think a small fortune could have been made by selling
badges with 'Yes, of *course* I read DWJ' on them.  It was great.

Hallie