Amazon is Weird

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Aug 17 10:42:18 EDT 2005

If you are interested in seeing something a bit. . . disturbing, go to
Amazon.com and type in "Chrestomanci quartet."  Then hit search.  The
second result should be _The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Volume 1_.  It
comes complete with a brief quote, called an excerpt.  I find Amazon's
choice of excerpt to be quite amusing, but, yes, disturbing.  It really
could give someone completely the wrong idea about the book.

I tried just typing in "Chronicles of Chrestomanci," but that didn't give
me the excerpt.  So do it the way I originally did it to make sure it
works ;-).

						---Kyra

---
"Things fall apart.  I don't know why we bother at all, but life is good,
and it's always worth living, at least for a while."
	---Stuart Murdoch (Belle and Sebastian), "If She Wants Me"