The very stupid face

hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 03:27:44 EDT 2005

I'm just rereading LOCC and have got to the bit where Goddess/Millie does her Very Stupid Face. It reminded me of something in the Skiver's Guide, but I don't have a copy - so maybe someone who does can tell me. Isn't there a bit in that where she talks about getting out of jobs by making oneself look stupid? And even a series of illustrations, showing someone (with a marked resemblance to DWJ) in various stages of assuming this expression? Or did I dream it?

(The one time I got to read the Skiver's Guide it was on interlibrary loan from Cambridge - wrapped in protective boards tied with ribbons, and strict instructions neither to remove it from the library nor photocopy any portion of it, lest the spine crack. Bizarre, for what looked like a very ordinary 1980s paperback. But at least it didn't come with an injunction to stop me remembering what I'd read...)

Charlie