Laurel's hunting ground -- major spoilers for F&H.

Juliette Curtis juliette at harvestroad.com
Wed Aug 3 22:04:03 EDT 2005

>Subject: RE: Laurel's hunting ground -- major spoilers for F&H.
>

>>Presumably Seb's mother was Laurel's previous victim, and it was her
>>funeral that Polly and Nina gatecrashed.
>>

>I always assumed that it was Laurel's own funeral, that she "renewed" her
>own life force that way. Now that I think of it, I don't know why I reached
>that interpretation.

I thought it was both! I thought Seb's mother had been sacrified, her
life force had renewed Laurel, and the funeral was for the body of Seb's
mother. Hang on a minute.... No, actually, it does work. The men are
sacrified in the pool, then their bodies are buried the next day. Is it
only the soul/life force that is drawn into the pool? But Tom and Polly
ended up sitting on the edge of the pool, soaking wet, so they were
physically there in some way. Or perhaps the pool spits the body out
again afterwards.

>The tithe *ought* to be a blood family member, I suspect, but Laurel as we
>all know is sneaky, so she's using married-in family members so she doesn't
>have to sacrifice her "real" family

That's what I meant. Marriage/sex makes them "family" enough to be
eligible for the tithe, which means Laurel doesn't have to tithe her
blood relatives. She was very willing to sacrifice her current husband.

Juliette