Oversexed, overpaid, over here - but when?

hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Sat Apr 30 11:57:35 EDT 2005

I just read "The Girl Jones" in the Unexpected Magics collection. In the first line it says: "It was 1944." On the final page it says: "The following year, when the Americans came to England..." On the face of it these statements are hard to reconcile (unless the Americans came to England on their way back from Germany...) but it's not like DWJ to make a basic historical mistake, so what are we to make of it? Does it mean that, despite being apparently a realist - not to say autobiographical - story, "The Girl Jones" is in fact a fantasy set an Tale of Time City-style Unstable Era?
Has this been discussed before? Any ideas?
Charlie

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/