female Chrestomanci

Verity Cinnabar cen at shareable.org
Wed Apr 27 13:55:21 EDT 2005

> But I think there's been one.  We just don't know about her.

Chrestomanci's world doesn't seem to have experienced feminism
(cue Janet and her exasperation with Gwendolen's clothes).

If there was a female Chrestomanci, the castle staff probably
hid the fact, as they hid Clistoffer's first stint in the post.

Though if one had used the Name and a woman appeared, it would
rather give away the game...

I'm thinking there probably wasn't one.

VC

If the Grauniad Q&A session had happened (DWJ was sick), I was
going to ask about the animal needs of the Dright. Where do his
bodily wastes go, what about baths and toilet, that sort of thing?