Norah Lofts- yes or no?

Anna Zofia Skarzynska ania at gnomic.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 14:56:18 EDT 2005

Hello list,

Today I had the opportunity to grab a whole load of books by Norah Lofts.
They seem to be mostly historical romances and sagas, all paperbacks form
1970s or thereabouts. Should I? I vaguely remember reading something by her
(Madselin?) years ago. Amazon isn't very helpful, possibly because most of
her stuff seems to be out of print, so there is little in the way of
readers' reviews.

Anyway, they are holding them for me until I decide. 'They' being the local
recycling centre, which collects unsold books from charity shops and pulps
them- but not before letting me rummage through them! I then buy the results
of rummagings for 60 pence a kilo! What a bizarre concept- I have never
bought books by weight (although I heard of books by the yard...)

Please, o erudite list members, do advise me.

Ania