CF -- the books as objects

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Fri Apr 22 07:47:47 EDT 2005

Thanks, Minnow. I should add I wanted the American version but couldn't get
it (in Germany) for reasons obscure to me.

> The HarperCollins British version (cover price UKP12.99) is an unusual
> size/shape, being five by seven-and-a-quarter inches and 393 pp, plus
> seven
> sides of advertising material at the end.  It has what DWJ's husband calls
> "a vulgar cover", shiny turquoise with red-and-yellow words and with
>stars

Hmmm. "Shiny" indeed... I gather they're doing reprints of all the
Chrestomanci books in a "shiny" version?

But I have to confess I rather fancied the way the "shiny" Charmed life
version looked on the internet page. The dragon looks interesting.

I saw it and the other new covers on dianawynnejones.com. I've been checking
out the "official" internet page, because of the ad in my copy of CF - UK
world and US world (that's a bit odd, but that's publishing policy I suppose
and more to look at anyway). I really liked the twirling link things in one
of them. I feel I should add something about the content, but I'm way too
tired at the moment. So, twirling link things is it... :-)

Bettina

--
+++ NEU: GMX DSL_Flatrate! Schon ab 14,99 EUR/Monat! +++

GMX Garantie: Surfen ohne Tempo-Limit! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl