OT: childhood book help

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 20 20:45:58 EDT 2005

Bowing to the collective wisdom of this list, I wish to ask if anyone can
help me find a book I remember from my childhood. I'm afraid I don't
remember much, except it was a fantasy, set in an alternate world and
hexagons or pentagons (something multi sided anyway) were magical or
important somehow. I think the protagonist was a boy of about 10-13 years.
The copy I read had a blue and white cover.

If anyone can identify this book from these scraps of memory I'll be amazed
and very grateful!

Emma