OT: blogs

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 19 23:15:34 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 06:16:07PM -0400, Kyra Jucovy wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Allison Marles wrote:
>
> > I've started one recently at
> > http://www.livejournal.com/users/angorian
> >
> > Allison
>
> I hope this isn't an impolite question, but why did you choose "angorian"
> as a user name?  It seems like it has rather odd connotations for a DWJ
> fan ;-).

I'm not exactly sure.  Probably partly because it was next on my list of
names to choose for things (and my usual online default nick of "eoj"
was of course long gone on livejournal).  The computer I bought last
summer is "calcifer".   I also just rather like the way the word sounds
in my head.  I should probably come up with some more mysterious and
interesting explanation since after the Howl movie comes out, I suspect
more people will figure out the connection and wonder why I chose it.

Allison