OT: Interesting article

Chris Dollin eh at electric-hedgehog.net
Fri Apr 15 15:16:46 EDT 2005

On Friday 15 Apr 2005 5:13 pm, Allison Marles wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 08:36:05AM +0200, Irina Rempt wrote:
> > I think whoever designed the website gave too little thought to contrast
> > between text colour and background colour; I had to select all the text
> > in order to read it.
> >
> >    Irina
>
> There's some great bookmarklets (bits of javascript that you bookmark)
> for zapping ugly styles/colours.  You can find some here:
> http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/zap.html
>
> The "zap colors" one does the following:
> Makes text black on a white background, and makes links blue and purple.
>
> I find it really useful for ugly and unreadable sites.

I just recently added a local stylesheet to my browser which says, effectively,
THE BACKGROUND IS WHITE, CHUM, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY, because
a site I wanted to read had coloured text on a coloured background and my
eye's couldn't cope.

When I find a site with white text I may reconsider.
--
Chris the Hedgehog