OT: Interesting article

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Apr 15 12:13:47 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 08:36:05AM +0200, Irina Rempt wrote:

> I think whoever designed the website gave too little thought to contrast
> between text colour and background colour; I had to select all the text
> in order to read it.
>
>    Irina

There's some great bookmarklets (bits of javascript that you bookmark)
for zapping ugly styles/colours.  You can find some here:
http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/zap.html

The "zap colors" one does the following:
Makes text black on a white background, and makes links blue and purple.

I find it really useful for ugly and unreadable sites.

Allison