jogging the list memory

Greeniegirl2 at aol.com Greeniegirl2 at aol.com
Thu Apr 7 20:37:18 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/6/2005 12:59:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
gbhillel at netvision.net.il writes:

One  Kid, one kid, that father bought for two zuzim    (an ancient coin  of
very low denomination)
Cat came and ate the kid
Dog came and bit  the cat
Stick came and beat the dog
Fire came and burnt the  stick
Water came and quenched the fire
Ox came and drank the  water
Butcher came and slaughtered the ox
Angel of death came and killed  the butcher
The holy one blessed be his name came and destroyed the angel  of death.
One kid, one kid.

(If you ask me, the cat and dog got off  cheap.)

We always said it as, "the only kid." And  then we do the whole "then came
the butcher that killed the ox that drank  the water that quenched the fire that
burned the stick that beat the dog that  bit the cat that ate the kid my
father bought for two zuzim. The only  kid the only kid." You get into a
screaming match trying to say the entire  thing faster than the rest of your family at
the table-very fun.
-Jordan