GOT IT!

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Apr 6 02:29:41 EDT 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) wrote:

> Paul, go buy it, read it.  Stop doing this to yourself.

Well, if you insist.

/me leaves.
/me comes back, clutching a copy of 'Conrad's Fate'.

I can't read it right now, though. My supervisor does occasionally
stick her head around the door to make sure I'm working.

> Can you believe I offered to lend him the proof copy I have had for
> a while and he turned me down??  The man is stronger willed than I
> am...

The power of desperation, I assure you. I knew that as soon as I let a
copy into the house I was DOOMED, so it was vitally important not to
let a copy into the house.

I should have accepted the last time you offered, actually. As it
turned out, I spent several days post-Swancon doing little other than
lounge about my brother's house reading, so I could easily have fit it
into the itinerary; whereas now I really don't have time to find
myself reading 'Conrad's Fate', the more so because last time I had a
spare evening to catch up on stuff I decided that, before I got
started, I had time for just one chapter of Neil Gaiman's latest...

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."