word order (was Re: Random DWJ discovery of the day)

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 5 19:43:28 EDT 2005

>>This isn't the same Story of English that is tied in with the BBC
>>series, is it?
>>

>The TV series was 'The Adventure of English', by Melvin Bragg, unless
>there was more than one TV series.

I think the latter. "The Story of English" was presented by Robert
McNeil; he also co-authored the companion book. It's quite old, but I
still use one of the early episodes in my early English Lit class - it
has this wonderful clip of a guy from Oxford singing Beowulf to his own
accompaniment on a harp.

Robyn