Nine Ferrets in a Bottle

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Sep 27 05:46:03 EDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Belben Philip wrote:

> I wrote the tune on Saturday morning.  That was the easy bit.
>
> I then spent the rest of the weekend singing "Niiiiiiiiine ferrets
> in a Booooottlllllle, and they wuz liiiiivin' in sin."  I managed to
> avoid doing this out loud while I was at church, though.  But it was
> quite an effort...

Oh, dear...

> Anyway, the tune is written, and the piano accompaniment.  If people
> are interested, I can do a neat copy and scan it.  (I don't have any
> music software - I'm a bit like Quentin Sykes in this respect).

Yes, please. If nothing else, I'd like to see how close it is to my
own attempt. (Not very, looking at where you've put the long notes
above.)

I do have music software, though I don't know how compatible its
output is with the input of other music software. (It does have a MIDI
export feature.)

> Or I might do a barbershop arrangement...

Is it difficult, doing barbershop arrangements? I have a song running
around in my head that seems made for a barbershop arrangement
("...with our glasses raised on high (raaaaaised on hiiiiigh)..."),
but I don't know the rules.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."