California ferreting

mks at brisingamen.demon.co.uk mks at brisingamen.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 08:45:16 EDT 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 12:44:13 +0100, Charlie Butler wrote:

>No wonder ferrets were on Helen's mind - I just heard on the radio that California is about to repeal a law that bans ferrets as domestic pets in the state - all that can stop it now is Arnie's veto! Apparently there are half a million ferrets currently living in the state illegally.
>
>(That's got to be worth a second verse.)

They're illegal in New York City as well, I believe. And the mayor is
apparently convinced that ferret-fanciers are strange, deluded people
who need live rather than pets. Which might well put a dent in his
re-election prospects as I believe there are many illegal ferrets in
NYC as well.

(Personally, ferrets terrify me, but only because they are so far
ahead of the cats in the 'we need opposable thumbs now' race.)

Maureen

Maureen Kincaid Speller
Folkestone, Kent, UK