Nine Ferrets in a Bottle

Fri Sep 24 10:16:26 EDT 2004

>> I had a bottle of ferrets,
>> Which was otherwise filled with gin,
>> I had a bottle of ferrets
>> And the ferrets wuz livin' in sin.
>>
>> Every ferret was male*,
>> Every ferret was tail,
>> Nine ferrets in a bottle,
>> And they wuz livin' in sin.

Philip wrote:

I'm still thinking about a tune for the ferrets.  The "Dam Busters' March"
is a perfect fit for the first line, but gets no further.  The second half
of "When Britain really ruled the waves" isn't too bad a fit for the chorus.
Maybe we should make a collage of tunes!

and I added:
"My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean" fits the first part for me (it's what I hear
in my head when I read the words.)  But the chorus (Bring back, bring back,
etc.) doesn't fit with the second verse.  Maybe a chorus is needed
Livin' in sin
Livin' in sin
And all of them livin' in sin, in sin? (repeat)

and then the second verse goes back to "My Bonnie"?

Alison