nine ferrets in a bottle

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Thu Sep 23 03:53:47 EDT 2004

> An amazing number of songs can be sung to the tune of
> Greensleeves, and most of the rest can be sung to The
> Keys of Canterbury. In fact if you're as non-muscial
> as I am, they can all be sung to both.

You'll never read Emily Dickinson the same way again, after you try setting
her poems to "The Yellow Rose of Texas", "America the Beautiful", "Yankee
Doodle", the first verse of "Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory", the chorus of
"Jingle Bells"...

BTW, the "Nine Ferrets in a Bottle" song is a masterpiece. It needs to be
set to music and sung in a rollicking chorus at our next gettogether.