Character traits and romance (Re: non-classical slash)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 23 01:47:49 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Otter Perry wrote:

> Tacroy?  With his lady who plays music for him when he's in a
> trance? Whom he married?
>
> Of course, he can still be gay and be married to his lady, but I
> don't think he is.

Point of order: I don't believe it is actually stated anywhere, either
in LoCC or in Stealer of Souls, that Tacroy did marry his lady. SoS,
indeed, appears to delight in confounding anyone who expected it to
make a positive declaration on the subject.[1]

Not that I think Tacroy is gay, mind you; I'm just saying.

[1] Their cameo in SoS, in fact, gave me a distinct feeling of there
being more to their story than we saw in LoCC. Maybe we'll get a bit
of it in Conrad's Fate.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."