Studio Ghibli available in Aus?

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Thu Sep 23 00:22:38 EDT 2004

> I hope they are the right ones for our region, I'd
> like to see them on the TV, not just on the computer.
> Next time I get a DVD player it will be a multi-region
> player while they are still legal. (I believe the Free
> Trade Agreement requires the government to ban them)
>
> Jon

That'd be right! But they'll have to ban region free players in the US too;
I saw them everywhere in NYC in 2001

OK, for everyone who asked, my colleague bought the boxed set last year from
a shop in the Galeries Victoria (Pitt St Sydney, opposite the QVB) called
Astro Hobby. For those in Sydney, they're on the basement level of the
Galleries Victoria. Tohby says it plays on his Australian region player. His
set is Japanese with English subtitles which he says have misspellings and
so on, but that's the pay off to have the set. It includes Princess
Mononoke, which I've never seen.

Details about Astro Hobby are at:

http://www.tgv.com.au/directory/retailer.asp?ID=412

I've just rung them and they are out of stock but it possible to order it
from them. Phone number 02 9262 7188

Judith