The Ghost of Marmalade

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 22 19:27:01 EDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> She says there is a deliberate mystifier in *Eight Days of Luke* too
> but she won't tell me what it is, and I haven't spotted it, which I
> suppose just goes to show how easily I accept things as making sense
> even if they don't.

My money is on the Knowing One's reply to Alan's sister in Chapter 12,
when she asks what they're doing. It's nicely mystifying, and it's
never explained anywhere.

(I've just noticed that the chapter title - "The Sisters" - is a
double entendre. It's the chapter about the Knowing Ones, who are
sisters, but it's also the chapter with Alan's sisters in it.)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."