heartless etc. (was RE: Character traits and romance (Re: non-classical slash))

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Sep 22 08:49:53 EDT 2004

> hee hee! Just not susceptible to Howl's charms.  But this does bring up
> something I was meaning to mention - which is the way DWJ will play a
> phrase out through the story on multiple levels. Like being heartless. And
> then in the sequel there's a castle in the air, and the soldier and
> Abdullah both build various 'castles in the air.'  I feel sure that she
> does this all over the place and at more levels than I've noticed.  Will
> the list help point some more instances out to me?

As someone said, "Dogsbody" where not only is Kathleen a dogsbody for
her family, but Sirius is being a Dogsbody without knowing it for first
his Companion and then for the other luminaries in getting the Zoi.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I have found some of the best reasons I ever had for remaining
at the bottom simply by looking at the men at the top." Frank Colby