Character traits and romance (Re: non-classical slash)

mecha godscylla mechagodscylla at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 00:21:13 EDT 2004

Deborah wrote:

But!  I try to imagine him actually feeling passion, instead of just having
sex or flirtations
>because it's one way to entertain himself, and I completely fail.

But that seems accurate to me, that you couldn't imagine it, because of his
being heartless.  I do think it's meant.

Deborah:
But I just can't see either Howl or Torquil feeling desire.

For Sophie, I could. But Torquil, I couldn't picture either. I think perhaps
he compartmentalizes and we don't see that compartment.