rose garden

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Sep 21 22:12:31 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, September 21, 2004, at 06:03 PM, Devra at aol.com wrote:

> Someone wrote a song that I vaguely remember, which included the line
> 'I beg your pardon,
> I never promised you a rose garden...'
> which I think might refer to that book.

Joe South wrote the song; it doesn't refer to the book.  Lynn
Anderson recorded it and had a megahit with it.  She got a Grammy
and other awards, and the album went platinum in the USA and
gold in 16 other countries.  [Why can I use the Internet to look
this up, but didn't think to look 'slash' up?  <sigh>]