Re Eyes

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 20:14:39 EDT 2004

I quoted (after Thog's Masterclass)

> `Only Lily could tell there was more to it,
> because whatever was haunting the back of his
> eyes made a trail of uneasy paw prints up her
own  spine.' (Charles de Lint, Someplace to be
Flying, > 1998)

Ika replied
<I actually really like that. (But then I often
do like metaphors cited as bad or awkward.)>

I actually hesitated over putting that one in
because I rather like it too. However the picture
of a beastie coming out from behind one person's
eyes to run up another's back made me giggle. I
don't think an appearence in Thog is neccessarily
an indication of bad writing, a sufficiently
amusing ambiguity will do!

=====
Ven