OT: 2 off-topic requests for book ideas

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Tue Sep 21 11:35:12 EDT 2004

Minnow wrote:

>Is the 1964 classic case of self-injury to cope with (or as a result of) a
mental crisis, *I Never Promised You A Rose Garden* by Hannah Green, within
the YA scope (on account of being about a 16-year-old)?  That's assuming
it's still possible to get hold of it; last time I know it was in print was
in 1978 when I think they made a film of it.

That's it! This is the book with the cigarette burns. How bizarre, I was
sure it was something I had read recently, maybe that's why I couldn't
recall the name of the book...