silly translations

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Tue Sep 21 11:28:17 EDT 2004

Gili, I got an English/Hebrew silly that (although not a translation
mistake exactly) is probably dumber than ANY of your examples.

Had a young colleague once who was being sent to Israel for a few weeks
to install some of our software. First thing he did, on hearig the news,
was run out and buy an English-Hebrew dictionary so he'd be able to talk
to the natives (tr: hit on the girls).

THEN he noticed that there was a whole different alphabet involved....

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com

“The trouble with the scientific method is that when you run out of trials there’s always an error left over.”
                                  - Mike Kelley