Magic as advanced technology

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Sep 20 20:25:11 EDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 JOdel at aol.com wrote:

> > I don't remember.  I know that the noblewomen of that era were
> > well-known for their literary skills, and that writing such works
> > was common--they were passed around court, read by others, etc.
>
> Fanfiction. Obviously.

    "Look," he urged. "These scrolls you noticed: the only original
    written copy of the Greek Odyssey, proving Homer was a woman!"
    "If you're in the market for a correction," the Doctor
    interrupted, "Homer was a man, who wrote the Iliad. The Odyssey
    was written as a sequel by a noblewoman who admired his earlier
    work."
    "Fascinating. I had always thought the styles to be dissimilar..."

     - 'Sanctuary' by David A. McIntee

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."