AW: OT: rambles about translation

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Mon Sep 20 13:35:54 EDT 2004

>> Concering puns and counts, I only recently noticed that Sesame Street
>> had a Count who like to count - he's called Graf Zahl in German, and
>> that's not really funny (well, Zahl (number) sounds a bit like Zahn
>> (tooth) and he's a vampire). Is he called Count Number? Or just Count?
>
> Someone else will have to answer this one, I'm afraid :-)  I wouldn't
> put it
> past them to call him Count Count, though.

He's the Count, IIRC.  Just the Count.  Of course, he _looks_ like Count
Dracula.

For me, there is one central question in
the whole gay marriage controversy:  What
do you care? .... I have only this advice to
offer those of you who oppose gay marriage:
don't marry a homosexual.

                      - Beth Quinn, Times Herald-Record