eyes

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Mon Sep 20 06:52:14 EDT 2004

Ven wrote:

> I don't
> know what book but it would have been near the
> end on a left hand page facing an illustration.
> (does anyone else rememeber the postion on the
> page that they read soemthing, it can be very
> handy).

Absolutely.
Also: I've once had a young reader come up to me and ask me why in his book
at home a certain line appears on the bottom of page 136 (just for the
example), but in the library it's on the top of page 137. I asked him how he
could possibly have noticed such a shift, and he said: "someone yells
'AAAAAAAAH!'" I was forced to agree that something like that would change
the whole look of a page, and be highly noticeable. (There were indeed some
minor changes between printings of the book, mostly due to the insertion of
some illustrations).