eyes

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Sun Sep 19 23:50:40 EDT 2004

> In a test, when you can say "that's a lie" it's fine, but mostly you
> can't actually call the person on the lie, even if you are SURE it is
> one.

Yeah, but you can make them extremely uncomfortable by pretending to
take their statements at face value and continuing to inquire with an
assumption of (dare I say it in this context (oh, what the
hell))wide-eyed innocence.

-Margaret The Occasionally Sadistic

“Americans treat their language with a furiously abundant energy – contriving two words for the price of one, hooking up unlikely neighbors with a hyphen, turning nouns into verbs and verbs into nouns – and generally beating the hell out of it.”

-Pamela Frankau