eyes

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 19 22:49:23 EDT 2004

>The way I learned about this was in a class where
>the tutor told us to pair up and watch each
>others pupils while we first talked about how we
>got to college that day and second imagined what
>we found on our "ideal beach". The results were
>impressive. However as a means to detect lying it
>is limited.

See now, I am in agreement with Lois McMaster Bujold, when she says
(through one of her characters in Curse of Chalion) that knowing when
someone lies isn't always as helpful as you might think. In a test, when
you can say "that's a lie" it's fine, but mostly you can't actually call
the person on the lie, even if you are SURE it is one.

Robyn