*** SPAM *** Re: Sirius B (was: Digest V1 #880 then Why I love DWJ)

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 08:59:27 EDT 2004

Jon

> While the only astronomical meaning I know of for Zoi
> is "zone of influence" (of a comet or star), however
> the presence of the zoi on earth has left a trace as
> there is a mineral Zoisite.

I don't think I understand the second half of that sentence, Jon! Can you
explain for an astronomical lunkhead? Actually, just how *do* comets
influence things? Like magids? I mean, I know people used to believe that
(1066 and all that) but what's the modern astronomical take?

I've always assumed it was a reference to the Greek, zoe (life).

Charlie