Historical Fantasy

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 14:19:27 EDT 2004

Minnow meanly mocked (soz, Minnow couldn't resist
the alliteration).

Ven wrote:

>Phillip mentioned Gillian Bradshaw. I've just
>rediscovered her, The Wolf Hunt is, indeed,
>excellent, also Cleopatra's heir about her son
>with Julius Caesar, Caesarion.

!!!!!!

I cannot think that this is an ideal name for a
hero.  It brought me out in giggles.

DWJ's comment has just been "I don't BELIEVE it!
Aileron also ran!">

Doh!! Should it be a rule that historical novels
may not be written about people with silly names?
You can hardly blame poor Ms Bradshaw for what
Cleopatra chose to name her son! He's incognito
and known as Arion for most of the book in any
case.

Who is Aileron? It rings a bell but I can't place
it.

=====
Ven