Historical Fantasy

mecha godscylla mechagodscylla at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 19:07:37 EDT 2004

Jordan/Greeniegirl wrote:
I think people already mentioned this one but Sorcery
>and Cecila (by Wrede and Caroline Stevermer-author of another book already
>mentioned:College of Magics) fits the description very well. It is very
>good by
>the way, and the way they wrote it is cool too. They played "the letter
>game" in
>which two people make up characters who are writing to each other and the
>first person decides a setting.

All this S&C talk reminds me that I recently bought and read the sequel to
Sorcery and Cecilia, entitled The Grand Tour.  In this new one they use a
journal and witness testimony instead of only letters.  Anyone else read it
yet? Anyone need a head's up that it has come out?