Declare (was Re: Historical Fantasy)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Sep 15 18:59:00 EDT 2004

>>_Declare_. But I'm ashamed to say I haven't read it yet, so I don't
>>know if it counts.

>It does, but I dare say no more because it would be spoiling.

obDWJ, unless there has been one since that everyone is talking about, she
read *Declare* for the World Fantasy Awards at the point when she was being
a judge, and was very put out because he has the streets in Oxford wrong,
or the wrong colleges on the wrong streets, or something: she reckoned that
there must surely be a streetmap of Oxford on-line and he could have
checked.  She also said with feeling that it was very obvious to anyone
who'd lived through the war that he *hadn't*; but she didn't exactly say
why.  Something about the blackout, I think, among other things.  Anyone
have any ideas?

Minnow (who hasn't read it either)