Historical Fantasy

Ika blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 12:01:02 EDT 2004

Minnow, then Paul:

>> Tim Powers' recent book set in a WWII that has added fantasy
>> elements might count, and eventually I'll remember its name.
>
> _Declare_. But I'm ashamed to say I haven't read it yet, so I don't
> know if it counts.

Which reminded me of Barbara Hambly's novels where the Nazi magicians
manage to summon a (more powerful) mage from a different world. I forget
what *they're* called, unfortunately (there's two of them, though I'm not
sure whether the Nazis show up till the second book, and they're a
cracking good read).

Love, Ika

--
"He had embarked upon a death wish-fulfilment roller coaster"
- Ruth Rendell, Diamond Dagger Award winner