Historical Fantasy

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Wed Sep 15 11:42:27 EDT 2004

>It's fundamental to the plot that *everything* that looks like magic
>is explained by technology, in a way that makes it science fiction
>rather than fantasy - although once it starts getting into the
>esoteric quantum mechanics stuff the narrator (who is a history PhD,
>Jim, not a physicist) gives up and settles for the broad outlines.
>(Which is dashed convenient for the author, come to think of it.)
>

>Paul

It certainly is, and a trick worth remembering next time I get in over
my head scientifically <g>

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com

“Americans treat their language with a furiously abundant energy – contriving two words for the price of one, hooking up unlikely neighbors with a hyphen, turning nouns into verbs and verbs into nouns – and generally beating the hell out of it.”

-Pamela Frankau