AW: Historical Fantasy

Belben Philip Philip.Belben at eon-engineering.com
Wed Sep 15 07:13:01 EDT 2004

Roger said:

> Yes, though they're co-written with Eric Flint and Dave Freer. First is
> _The Shadow of the Lion_; second is _This Rough Magic_ (set largely on
> Corfu). The first one's available as a free download:
> http://www.baen.com/library/mlackey.htm

Now that does sound like title-poaching.  Mary Stewart's book set on Corfu
was called "This Rough Magic", wasn't it?  I'm not 100% sure, because I
always confuse TRM with The Moon Spinners, but...

I suppose they could both have got the title independently from the same
source (memory is failing me.  Shakespeare somewhere?), in which case it's
merely carelessness.

Philip