Historical Fantasy

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Wed Sep 15 06:31:46 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 10:59:08AM +0100, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:
>Doesn't Mercedes Lackey have a series set in a magical mediaeval Venice at the moment?

Yes, though they're co-written with Eric Flint and Dave Freer. First is
_The Shadow of the Lion_; second is _This Rough Magic_ (set largely on
Corfu). The first one's available as a free download:
http://www.baen.com/library/mlackey.htm

Much to my surprise, because I haven't been all that impressed with
Lackey recently, I enjoyed them. What's more, not all the Christians are
bad, and not all the Pagans are good...