looking for songs (lit)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Sep 10 10:30:12 EDT 2004

On Sunday, September 5, 2004, at 06:45 PM, Judith Ridge wrote:

> On 5/9/04 1:19 AM, "Charles Butler"
> <hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Someone mentioned Follyfoot and *The Lightning Tree*, so I'll throw in
>> Clannad's theme tune to the the 1980s *Robin of Sherwood* - which I
>> suppose
>> you might call a book?
>>
>> *Robin of Sherwood* lives in my mind with the slightly earlier *The
>> Boy
>> Merlin* and the much earlier *Arthur of the Britons* as belonging to a
>> special class of low-budget-but-extremely-atmospheric woodland romp.
>> (If I
>> remember rightly Arthur only had two followers - a blond Saxon one
>> (yes!)
>> and fat older one.) Did any of these get shown outside the UK?
>>
>> Charlie
>>

> Don't recall the Arthur programs, but we got Robin of Sherwood. I
> thought it
> was when I was still at school, but it was made after I finished, so I
> must
> have seen it when I was at uni.
>
> Judith

Showtime showed 'Robin of Sherwood'.   [Ray Winstone played Will
Scarlet.]

'Arthur of the Britons' was shown on PBS, at least in some areas.  I
never
saw it that I remember, but a good friend was enamored of it.  And they
made a movie [by combining several episodes] that I did see.  Oliver
Tobias played Arthur, and, the IMDB reminds me, Brian Blessed played
Mark of Cornwall.