Howl at Venice/Studio Ghibli

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Wed Sep 8 23:57:06 EDT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
|DWJ also recommends *Kiki's Delivery Service*, which I haven't seen and so
|can't comment on.  And *everyone* seems to like *Laputa*, which I also have
|on my "when I get a chance" list of films to see.

I think Kiki is more like DWJ in feel than any other Ghibli.  And Laputa
is one of the best.  Movies.  Ever.  (I prefer dubs to subtitles, but
the Disney dub of Laputa added some incidental music which detracts
somewhat from the simple gorgeousness of the film.)

-deborah
--
Kiss my ass, I bought a boat, and I'm going out to sea.  -Lyle Lovett