looking for songs (vaguely on topic, really)

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 19:14:05 EDT 2004

Ika wrote

<The only inspiration I've heard of for the Man
who Sold the World is the
nursery rhyme about the man on the stairs who
wasn't there ("we passed
upon the stairs/ we spoke of was and when/
although he wasn't there...").>

Ah that man! What I've got bumping at the surface
of my brain is a Cordwainer Smith story I think,
didn't he write about someone who sold the Earth,
or maybe someone who bought it, in which case
somebody else did the selling.

Btw, off topically, I am still SO annoyed with
myself that I didn't buy Man Who Sold the World
with the original cross dressing cover (that is
worth loadsa squids these days) despite gazing
longingly at it for several Saturdays in the shop
where my Mum worked.

=====
Ven