Cool (?) website

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 22:44:20 EDT 2004

Just thought I'd add the C word to the topic to show
my age (I thought the word had come into use in the
'50s - so thanks whoever it was who showed it was even
earlier.)

Anyway, this website has nothing to do with the age of
slang terms but will probably interest people.

http://www.openinghooks.us/

It is for people to record, and vote for, their
favorite opening lines for books. Until 5 minutes ago
DWJ wasn't amoung the 449 books listed, but I have
just added Howl's moving castle (not neccessarily her
best, but my fave of those at school), and I thought
that rather have one person put in all her books it
might look better if we all just add one (check that
its not there already) and also vote on the others.
You can list the books by their rating from the votes
so until someone who doesn't like DWJ so much votes
Howl should be listed as the book with the best
opening line (a rating of 5 out 5 on the basis of one
vote). I notice someone has already put in most of
pratchett, and there is quite a bit of other fantasy
and sf.

Jon