looking for different songs (not at all on topic, really)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 1 19:49:30 EDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> There's a truly horrible shaggy mog story involving a stray kitty
> that got into Capone's appartment and took a pair of his spats
> apart, leaving them in tatters, so he sends the boys out to go find
> that damn' stray and...

The version of that joke that my father tells begins with Roy Rogers
checking into a posh hotel and leaving his new shoes out to be shined.

- which has the advantage that punchline works better, but the
increasingly crippling problem of people who miss the rest of the joke
because they're busy wondering who this "Roy Rogers" person is.

> For what it's worth, there's a life of Hendrix that mentions him
> recording Bob Dylan's "Al Along the Watchtower".  Will you accept a
> typo, Paul?

Hmm...

Paul
--